Sapphire Pool - Biscuit Basin

Sapphire Pool - Biscuit Basin
My Favorite Feature - Sapphire Pool

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I just called into Xanterra and found out I will be working as a Room Attendant while in YNP.
First, Ill be at Mammoth (same as before) for 2 weeks til Oct 10, then I'll be moving south, to the Old Faithful Snow Lodge until Oct 27th. I'm looking forward to the different locations, so I can spend more time exploring different areas of the park.
As you know, I spend most of my time in the Lamar Valley wolf watching. There are packs all over the park, they just seem to be easier to view up there.
Im excited to see the Lamar Canyon 2011 pups that I saw '06 carrying in the Spring, The newly formed "642 pack" which broke off from the Blacktails to form their own pack when more than the Alpha Female 693F was bred this past spring, Hope to spot those elusive Blacktails (some of my favs) See the Agates again (hopefully not in a confrontation with the Lamar's) and possibly even see my "4 black wolves" that I saw on Easter.
when I move down to the Snow Lodge, I'll be down more into the center of the park. this will give me closer access to Grand Tetons, Hayden Valley, where the Canyon Pack is (and I really want to see that beautiful , almost white, Alpha Female and her 2011 pups). I saw this pack only once in Mammoth, AND DIDN'T SEE HER!. I'm also hoping to spot the Supersized Mollie pack (the bison hunters) and maybe even some of the not so well known packs in the rest of the park.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more geysers this time, since the whole south part of the park was closed when I was there in the spring. So, look for more Hot springs and Geyser shots if I can capture them and do them justice.
Don't worry, I won't be hiking alone, or at least, if I do, it would be on a paved geyser trail that is well traveled and out in the open. I WiLL have a large can of bear spray in my hand, ready to use!!!! My eyes and ears will be wide open, and my head will be on a gimble.

Any "camping" I do will be in my hard shelled van.

I hope for better computer access to post more of my adventures. This will be a shorter trip, but should be of a totally different variety. Also, I'm hoping to catch the Elk Rut. Supposed to be quite the show!!!
til then,