Sapphire Pool - Biscuit Basin

Sapphire Pool - Biscuit Basin
My Favorite Feature - Sapphire Pool

Sunday, March 20, 2011

the journey

view of Yellowstone arch, North Entrance


where do I start? I seem to have already gotten ahead of myself......
I left Oregon on March 7th, bound for my cousin Lesly's in St. Maries Idaho. I had almost great weather the whole way....I made a stop at Cabela's for those last minute cold weather things..... in Post Falls, ID and then down to St. Maries. that's where I hit some snow. and then it snowed just about all the time I was at Lesly's. I found the snow enchanting. Had a couple days there and then went on to Kalispell MT to visit Holly & friends there and see Glacier Nat'l Park. mostly, again, it was cloudy/snowy so I finally made it up there on Friday afternoon. I didn't see much. In fact, I didn't see a Glacier....wasn't that the point of it all????
trumpeter swan, with tag
Saturday morning I was up and gone early, and made my way to Helena, MT to visit my friend Robie. I saw many frozen lakes and 2 trumpeter swans that were tagged.
Robie hosted me at her home and took me to several thrift stores to find a pair of ice skates. She also took me to the St Helena Cathedral. A beautiful church, filled with stained glass windows.

I left there headed for Yellowstone, Sunday Morning, March 13th. got down to I-90 through Bozeman to Livingston, and headed south from there to the park.
the van ran great the whole way. No problems. the old gal (the van not me, but I can hold my own) handled well.

on to Yellowstone